Tuesday, June 1, 2010

time


today is posting day for textile abstraction theme TIME:

In a hurry

I’m in a hurry to get things done,
I rush and rush until life’s no fun.
All I really gotta do is live and die,
but I’m always in a hurry and don’t know why.

When I first saw the new theme of our challenge I had a lots of ideas how to realize it. Then things throwed down: my house in reconstruction up in the mountains had to be finished for the end of may and as usual things never works as you planned, at the hospital, where I work, there have been other problems, my daughter felt sick at university and I had to take care of her and so on.
So suddenly I was in a hurry, as ever. My work is a mirror of this. The old clock symbolize the quieter times we once had, the running figures symbolize the fact that I’m always running.
Painted cotton, calligraphy, paper, and appliqué.

No comments: