Sunday, August 1, 2010
Textile Abstractions theme was FLORA:
In June I used some silk for break down printing. But I forgot that soda soaked silk don’t last for month! And the silk I used was there for month!! So the result was not what I expected. But exactly this piece was the perfect background for my Flora project. I printed over with acrylic paint some grasses and wildflowers then added leftover painted Lutradur and printed organza. The piece is entirely hand stiched I embroidered some Arnica flowers with silk whole. I’ll call it biodiversity in honour of the international year of biodiversity this year. Looking forward to the next theme!